- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Want to make your hands and feet a model's envy? All you need to do is regularly follow these few simple steps:
• Use a loofah to give your hardworking hands and feet a mini massage and scrub at bath time. Give them a home/parlor/spa pedicure at least every fortnight. Exfoliate your feet with a foot scrub to get rid of dry and dead skin, and use a foot file or pumice stone on the heels.
• Soak your hands and feet in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes, pat them dry, and apply a hand and foot cream. This simple procedure helps lock in moisture and acts as a calming balm.
• Moisturize your hands and feet a couple of times a day, especially during winter. Make it a point to carry a hand cream with you. Apply cuticle oil to your nails to soften and moisturize the edges.
• Prevent ingrown toenails by cutting your nails properly. During a manicure or pedicure, always apply a base and top coat. Not only do they make the polish look better and last longer, they also protect the nails and prevent staining. Spend a little extra to buy a good quality nail polish. If your polish is chipping off, remove them. Plain nails look better than nails with chipped polish.
• Wear rubber gloves when doing housework like washing the dishes as overexposure to water and chemicals makes the nails porous.
• Apply a hand and foot cream or petroleum jelly at night-time, and wear cotton gloves and socks to allow the cream to work its magic.
• Prevent ingrown toenails by cutting nails properly
• Wear rubber gloves when doing household work
• Apply petroleum jelly to hands and feet at night
Source: Binu Sivan, Special to Classifieds, gulfnews.com
The writer is a freelancer