- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Some of us are blessed with healthy, thick and shiny tresses. Sadly, a lot of us are not. The thing is, everyone needs to look after his or her hair no matter how great it looks.
During summer, the hair lightens in color and can get damaged due to the sun. In the winter, it can become dry and brittle.
Below are a few do's and don'ts for each season:
• Make oiling the scalp a habit during winter months. Use good quality cold-pressed oils like almond, apricot and coconut. If your scalp is very oily, put a dash of lemon in the oil before application. Always remember not to apply too much oil; it should just be enough to coat the scalp. After application, steaming with a hot towel helps the oil penetrate into the hair giving you maximum benefits. Doing this once a week will help immensely.
• Another way to look after hair in the winter is to make a homemade mayonnaise with egg, vinegar and cold-pressed oil. Apply this along the length of the hair to get strong, lustrous, radiant hair.
• Stay away from hair dryers and straightening irons especially in the summer. Let your hair dry naturally. Cute braids and buns are great hairstyle picks.
• If your scalp tends to get oily in the summer months, remember to do a last rinse targeting the scalp area using 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in 500mL of water.
• Rinse oily scalp with apple cider vinegar in water.
• Apply natural oils to the scalp in the winter months.
• For strong and radiant hair, mix egg, vinegar and oil.
Source: Malini Ohri, Special to Classifieds