- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Save time every morning and avoid the stressful rush to work by learning to apply your makeup in five minutes or less.
• Skin Prep (Duration: 2 minutes) - Smoothen the skin by applying a moisturizer, then apply either a foundation or concealer depending on your skin tone.
• Eyelids (Duration: 1 minute) - Apply eye pencil and then eye shadow to brighten up the area around the eyes.
• Eyelashes (Duration: 1 minute) - Apply mascara; dark mascaras go well with almost any complexion. Use volume intense mascara for thicker eyelashes and a lengthening mascara for longer eye lashes.
• Cheeks (Duration: 30 seconds) - Smile and apply powder blush while focusing on the upper part of the cheekbones, then blend upwards and downwards.
• Lips (Duration: 15 seconds) - Use either a gloss or sheer lipstick for a shimmery look, or if you have a couple more seconds to spare, apply lip pencil (neutral color for a pumped-up lip look) and then the color of your choice.
Don't forget your eyebrows. Use eyebrow pencil for a fuller look or to thicken the eyebrows. Always make sure they are nice and clean below the arc.
• Dark mascaras go well with almost any skin color.
• For a shimmery look, use lip gloss or sheer lipstick.
• Brighten the eyes with an eye pencil, eye shadow.
Source: Sally Ann Simmons, Special to Classifieds
The writer is Beauty Consultant, Spaces Salon