- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
The hips and thighs are spots that are prone to fatty deposits. Below are a few yoga poses that can tone and tighten the hip muscles:
• Chair Pose – Stand with your feet pulled together while simultaneously inhaling and raise your hands over your head. Subsequently, bend your knees slightly and dip into a squat position while exhaling. Maintain this for 30-60 seconds; revert back to the standing position.
• Dance of the Legs – Lie on your back, keeping your eyes closed, and raise your left leg as high as you can. Make sure you inhale throughout this process. Keep your right leg on the floor and proceed, tightening your abdomen as you exhale, folding your left leg at your knees and pulling it close to your chest. Keep still in this position for 15 seconds. Let go slowly and repeat.
• Deep Squats – Stand with your feet a foot apart; bring your arms up and forward. Gently squat down, inhaling deeply. While bending, make sure your knees are making a 90-degree angle. Return to initial pose; repeat 20 times.
• The Bridge Pose – Lie on your back with legs bent up, feet on the floor and hands near your feet (palms facing the floor). Slowly lift your hips off the ground, hands and feet remaining in position. Tighten your muscles while holding in position. Relax and repeat at least 50 times.
• Frog Pose – Come to all fours and place a blanket or something stable to balance your right knee just off your yoga mat. Slowly allow your right knee to slide away from your body, lowering your hips and chest towards the mat. Make a pillow of sorts with your hands to rest your head. Allow your hips to sink in a comfortable position and breathe approximately 5 to 10 deep breaths, utilizing your abdomen.
• The Bridge Pose targets the glutes and thighs.
• Deep Squats effective at toning thigh muscles.
• The Chair Pose demands high endurance levels.
Source: Special to Classifieds