GNcareers, from Gulf News

Secure a tourism boat licence

Tourism boat licenceImage Credit: Supplied

With over 200 island hideaways surrounding Abu Dhabi, tour vessel operators who wish to whisk tourists to any island getaway should seek a rental vessel or excursion boat licence from the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA).

Costing over Dh2,000, primary licence application requirements include an application form, owner’s passport (family book for UAE citizens) and Emirates ID.

If the owner is a company, a trade licence copy and a notarised establishment contract published by the Ministry of Economy are also needed. Other documents are proof of vessel ownership/lease, and details of the areas covered, and services and activities offered.

Operators should only employ licenced captains and technical assistants, and qualified staff corresponding to the number of vessels. The Abu Dhabi Municipality also requires a business address with separate areas for both showroom and office, with a signboard in both Arabic and English.

The General Directorate of Civil Defense Abu Dhabi grants the Certificate of Security and Safety when the vessels meet the standards; however, these should be in good condition, regularly checked and equipped with safety and distress features. To support your application, you may also secure permission certificates both from The Center of Waste Management and the Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority.

Handy Hints
• TCA licence application fee costs over Dh2,000
• Applicants must submit activity, services details
• A business address with signboard is mandatory

Get to know more about the investment landscape in Abu Dhabi.

Source: Alfred Ocianas, Special to Classifieds
The writer is a freelancer