- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Having lustrous hair is essential. To maintain this, avoid external factors that can cause the hair to become dry and brittle. It is, thus, necessary to take some important steps to hydrate the hair at the earliest to avoid further damage.
• Coconut oil is well-known for its ability to treat dry hair. Massage warm oil on scalp and hair and wrap it with a warm towel for 15 to 20 minutes to regain lost moisture. Wash, rinse and use a conditioner after.
• Vinegar is a powerful conditioner that makes hair soft and silky. Add about half cup of vinegar in two cups of water and mix well. Apply to hair after shampoo and allow it to stay for one or two minutes, then wash it off completely with water.
• With its cleansing and conditioning effect, egg holds a special place in dry hair treatment. Add one egg white to three tablespoons of water and mix well. Apply this mixture onto the hair, let it stand for about 30 minutes and then wash it thoroughly.
• Use avocado, honey and olive oil for extremely dry hair. Mash the flesh of one avocado and mix it with one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well and apply. Wrap your hair with a towel or plastic bag to maximize its effect. Rinse it off after 20 minutes.
Make hair care a part of your daily beauty routine. Head for the salon if you want professional assistance.
• Cure hair dryness early to avoid further damage
• Remedies include coco oil, vinegar, avocado, etc.
• Head for the salon for any professional assistance
Click on Moroccan bath for more health and beauty tips
Source: Asha Das, Special to Classifieds
The writer is a freelancer