- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Technology is all the rage in business nowadays. When websites are not enough, create a mobile app to bring you closer to your target market.
You can either hire an app development firm or go for freelancers. But choose someone who is competent, reliable and professional with lots of creative ideas. Here are some tips on how to go about it:
• Check the app developer’s portfolio and assess his creativity and uniqueness. Make sure the apps are rated well, the connections between pages go fast, and the apps are user-friendly.
• Look for a skilled developer. Ensure he is able to work not only on simpler web languages like PHP or Ruby, but also on the most popular mobile languages like Objective-C (for Apple’s iOS) and Java (for Android).
• Build a working relationship with your developer. Make the communication transparent. Let him know what you want. If you found interesting apps, ask him to check them; see how they can be used in your venture.
• Join open source communities. This way, you can check developers who are rated for their contributions. Ask for sample works and confirm the code’s quality and originality. Get realistic client feedback.
• Look for the overall package. Hire someone who has an idea about your business and is interested in a long-term business relationship with you to update your app based on your changing needs or user feedback.
• Hire a qualified, competent, experienced developer
• Prefer those who are interested in your business
• Consider the overall package, service offers, rates
Source: Asha Das, Special to Classifieds
The writer is a freelancer