- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And with market saturation in most areas of business, a mediocre first impression can mean loss of business.
With consumers logging on to the Internet on a daily basis, a website that makes a good impression will definitely translate into money in the bank. That is why businesses are investing in professional web design services. Here is what they can do for you:
• You only have five seconds. People browsing the Internet looking for a specific product decide within the first five to six seconds whether they will continue looking at your website or not. Professionals can ensure a website that is easy to navigate, has the right color scheme and professional appearance, and quick to load.
• Mobile, tablet, phablet and computer. They can design for any kind of user interface that consumers use. Firms that have websites designed specifically for mobiles have increased sales compared to those that don’t.
• A store without boundaries. A physical shop caters to consumers who can make it to the store physically, but a website can have a consumer base without boundaries. Any person with Internet access becomes a potential customer; thus, it does pay to rope in the professionals.
• Brand equity. Your brand becomes better known, and consistency achieved through the use of logos across different platforms increases brand equity. Result: a winner in the court of public opinion.
• Invest in hiring a professional website designer
• The pros can ensure an easy-to-navigate website
• Websites designed for mobiles also increase sales
When your website is now up and running, you may now start digging the importance of Search Engine Optimization.
Source: Bushra Hameduddin, Special to Classifieds
The writer is a freelancer