- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Fresh noodles (boiled) 600gm
Fresh prawns (cleaned and boiled) 150gm
White cabbage 500gm
Green capsicum 100gm
Bean sprouts 100gm
Spring onions (chopped) 50gm
White pepper 10gm
Soya sauce 20mL
Method of Preparation:
• Slice all the vegetables into long thin pieces (julienne style).
• Place the whole prawns in boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once the prawns start to float, remove from heat and strain; allow them to cool slightly. Once cool enough, remove the shell and head and devein.
• Blanch the noodles in 5 cups of boiling water with one teaspoon of salt for 2 minutes and strain. Refresh the noodles in ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
• In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add onions and all other vegetables (except the spring onions). Sauté, tossing quickly for two minutes.
• Add the noodles and prawns and continue to toss for a further two minutes as this will allow the noodles to become hot.
• Ensure that all ingredients are mixed well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Finish with chopped spring onions and soya sauce.
Did you know...
Asian cuisine Hakka noodles originated from China and are made using either rice or flour-based dough. They are excellent for stir-fries and as a noodle soup base.
Source: Special to Classifieds