- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup+2tbsp
- Uncooked regular oats: 1 cup
- Baking powder: 1tbsp
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Skim milk: 1 cup
- Egg: 1 pc
- Vegetable oil: ¼ cup
- Fresh blueberries: 1 cup
- Vegetable cooking spray: 1 pc
- Ground cinnamon: 1tsp
- *Sugar: 2tbsp
Method of Preparation:
• Combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
• Combine milk, egg, and oil, then add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
• Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling them until two-thirds full.
• Sprinkle cinnamon over muffins, and bake at 160°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 1 dozen muffins.
*Although this recipe calls for sugar, you may opt to use alternative sugar substitutes or sugar blends for baking instead.
Did you know...
Blueberries are a low-GI fruit rich in antioxidants and known to help improve cognitive functions. Organic varieties have higher antioxidant levels.
Source: Special to Classifieds