- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Chocolate chips 125gm (plus 50 grams for batter)
Cocoa powder 55gm
Plain flour 125gm
Baking powder ½ tsp
Vanilla essence ½ tsp
Eggs 4 pcs
Chopped walnuts 90gm
Method of Preparation:
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Butter a 9”x9” square baking pan.
• In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
• In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
• When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little, whisk in the eggs and vanilla (Note: It is important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture first or else the eggs will cook).
• Sieve together all the dry ingredients and whisk into the chocolate mixture.
• Stir in the chopped walnuts.
• Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
• Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cut up and serve solo or with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Did you know...
Consuming a handful of raw walnuts along with meals high in saturated fat appears to limit the ability of harmful fat to damage the arteries.
Source: Special to Classifieds