- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- Potatoes 1kg
- White flour 200g
- Gorgonzola cheese 200g
- Walnuts (roasted) 200g
- Butter 100g
Method of Preparation:
• Fill a large pot with cold water. Add salt to the water.
• Slice the potatoes in half and place them in the pot of salted water.
• Bring the water to a boil and simmer the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until they are tender.
• Using a tea towel to protect your hand from the heat, peel all of the potatoes quickly before they get completely cool as the cooler they get, the more difficult it will be to remove the skin. Pass the peeled potatoes through a vegetable mill.
• Work in the flour through the potato mixture and knead the dough gently. Divide the dough into 5 or 8 equal pieces.
• Roll each piece lengthwise and cut into pieces of 3cm each, then immediately boil for about 2 minutes in salted water. Cooked dumplings will float to the surface.
• Serve in an oven-baked paper basket drizzled over with some melted butter, along with creamy Gorgonzola cheese and roasted walnuts.
Did you know...
Gnocchi is an Italian specialty served as the first course in a meal. Industrially produced packaged gnocchi are available refrigerated, dried, or frozen.
Source: Special to Classifieds