- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Hammour fish 500-600gm
For the sauce:
Red Thai bird chilies ¼ cup
Shallots ¼ cup
Coriander leaves (cilantro) ¼ cup
Red capsicum (sliced lengthwise) ¼ cup
Thai sweet chili sauce ¼ cup
Fish sauce ¼ cup
Palm sugar 1tbsp
How to cook Pla Raad Prik:
• Remove fish scales, clean and wash the fish thoroughly. Then score the flesh along the length of the fish with a sharp cooking knife.
• Deep fry fish over medium heat, until crispy and golden brown (about 5 minutes per side). Set aside on a rack or plate, then remove oil from the wok.
• Meanwhile, in a saucepan or second wok, add a little oil to the hot pan and stir fry the garlic, chilies and shallots until fragrant. Add the fish sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce and bring to a gentle boil.
• Stir in the palm sugar and keep stirring until it is completely dissolved. Add the coriander leaves and capsicum, and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
• On a serving plate, pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with a few sprigs of coriander.
Did you know...
You may use fish fillets instead of a whole fish, but they must be thick enough to be soft and meaty after frying. Tofu can be used as a vegetarian option in cooking this Thai dish.
Source: Special to Classifieds