- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- Potatoes 3 pcs (medium, boiled and mashed)
- Cooked quinoa 1 cup
- Small red onion (finely chopped) 1 pc
- Chopped parsley ¼ cup
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Corn flour ½ tsp
- Crumbled feta cheese 50-80gm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for shallow frying the cakes
Method of Preparation:
• Mash the boiled potatoes well and add the cooked quinoa to the mix.
• Add the chopped onions and parsley, and mix well.
• Mix in the chili powder, salt and pepper and the corn flour. Knead till all the ingredients are well combined.
• Take a small amount of the mixture and make a hollow in the center and add a small amount of the feta cheese in there.
• Fold the sides over and reshape into round flat patties/cakes and then shallow fry.
• Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Did you know...
Quinoa seeds are one of the few food products containing all nine essential amino acids. They are rich in protein, high in fiber and other nutrients.
Source: Special to Classifieds