- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
All-purpose flour 1-1/2 cups
Unsweetened cocoa 1-1/2tsp
Baking powder 1-1/2tsp
Baking soda 1-1/2tsp
Sugar 1/3 cup
Large egg 1 pc
Buttermilk 1 cup
Strawberries (pureed) 1/2 cup
Red food coloring (optional) 1/2tsp
Vanilla extract 1tsp
Method of Preparation:
• Sift all the dry ingredients together.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
• Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
• Start by adding the beaten egg, butter mix, buttermilk and lastly, the pureed strawberries to the flour.
• Mix well and add the food coloring and the vanilla extract.
• Pour into prepared cupcake trays.
• Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
Did you know...
Unlike most fruiting trees, the cacao pod grows directly from the trunk or large branch of a tree rather than from the end of a branch.
Source: Special to Classifieds