- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- French beans (cut into 1cm length): 500gm
- Coconut (grated): 1 cup
- Green chilies (deseeded/julienned): 4 pcs
- Ginger (julienned): 1tbsp
- Curry leaves: 20 pcs
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Split Bengal gram (roasted): 1tbsp
- Cashew nuts (split): 20 pcs
- Lemon juice: 1tbsp
- Black pepper: 1½tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 2tbsp
Method of Preparation:
• Boil water in a pan and add the beans. Cook for 2 minutes, drain and immerse them in ice cold water. Drain when chilled.
• Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, cashew nuts, split Bengal gram, curry leaves, green chilies and ginger. Sauté ingredients for about a minute.
• Add the beans, grated coconut and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
• Finish with black pepper powder and lemon juice. Season with a little salt according to your taste. Serve hot.
Did you know...
French beans, also known as green beans, are low calorie, fiber-rich and packed with vitamins K, A, B and C, folate, and minerals like manganese, iron, etc.
Source: Special to Classifieds