- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Baby arugula leaves 4 packed cups
Baby spinach leaves 2 packed cups
Fresh lemon juice 6tbsp
Salt ½ tsp
Ground black pepper ¼ tsp
Extra virgin olive oil 1tbsp
Salmon fillets 1 lb
Cooking spray, preferably olive oil
Method of Preparation:
· Heat grill to medium-high heat. If using a ridged grill pan indoors, set over high heat until very hot.
· In a large mixing bowl, combine arugula and spinach. Cover and refrigerate.
· In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and salt until salt dissolves. Add ground pepper and whisk in olive oil until combined. Set aside dressing.
· Coat fish lightly on both sides with cooking spray. Grill salmon fillet turning it once, about three minutes each side. If desired, season lightly with salt and pepper.
· While salmon grills, take out the salad greens from the fridge. Pour dressing over greens. Using tongs, toss the salad until well-coated.
· To serve, place one piece grilled salmon on each of the dinner plates. Mound 1/4 of the salad on top of each or on the side. Serves 4.
Did you know...
Salad rocket or arugula has a pungent and slightly peppery taste. It is a great source of vitamins A, K and C, folic acid, and minerals like iron and copper.
Source: Courtesy of Balance Café’s Diabetic Menu