- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
• Turkey breast, skinned, deboned, cut into 1-inch cubes: 800gm
• Button mushrooms, stemmed, quartered: 200gm
• Green onions, chopped: 1/2 cup
• Olive oil: 1/3 cup
• Balsamic vinegar: 1/4 cup
• Worcestershire sauce: 1tbsp
• Garlic, minced: 2tbsp
• Dried rosemary: 1tsp
• Dried tarragon: 1tsp
• Red bell pepper, medium, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes: 1/2 pc
• Yellow squash, small, cut into 1/2-inch rounds: 1 pc
• Zucchini, small, cut into 1/2-inch rounds: 1 pc
Method of Preparation:
• Place turkey cubes and mushroom quarters in a large bowl. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine green onions, oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, rosemary and tarragon. Pour over turkey and mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
• Spray grill rack with non-stick vegetable oil spray. Prepare grill for direct heat cooking.
• Drain turkey and mushrooms from marinade; discard the marinade.
• On 10 or 12-inch skewers, alternating ingredients, arrange drained turkey cubes, mushrooms, bell pepper, yellow squash and zucchini.
• Grill over medium flame or coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in the center, turning once. Serve hot.
Did you know...
Turkey has less total fat than other types of meat, and is high in protein, rich in zinc, iron, potassium, B vitamins, Omega-6 and Omega-3, and phosphorus
Source: Courtesy of the Balance Café Diabetic Menu