- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Turkey breast (cut into in 1” cubes) 800gm
Button mushrooms (stemmed/quartered) 200gm
Green onions (chopped) ½ cup
Olive oil 1/3 cup
Balsamic vinegar ¼ cup
Worcestershire sauce 1tbsp
Garlic (minced) 2tsp
Dried rosemary 1tsp
Dried tarragon 1tsp
Medium red bell pepper (1” cubes) ½ pc
Small yellow squash (1/2” rounds) 1 pc
Small zucchini (1/2” rounds) 1 pc
Method of Preparation:
• Place turkey cubes and mushroom quarters in a large bowl.
• In small bowl, combine green onions, oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, rosemary and tarragon. Pour over turkey and mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
• Spray grill rack with non-stick vegetable oil spray. Prepare grill for direct heat cooking.
• Drain turkey and mushrooms from marinade, and discard marinade.
• On 10-inch or 12-inch skewers, alternating ingredients, arrange drained turkey cubes, mushrooms, bell pepper, yellow squash and zucchini.
• Grill over medium flame or coals for 10-12 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink in the center, turning once. Serve hot.
Did you know...
The kebab, whose origins are traced to the Middle East, is a healthy and versatile method of cooking food as cuts of meat and vegetables can be used.
Source: Balance Café’s Diabetic Menu, Special to Classifieds