- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- Whole wheat flour: 1/3 cup
- Oatmeal porridge: 1 cup
- Mixed grain flour: 1/3 cup
- Soy milk: 1 cup
- Skimmed milk: 2 cup
- Fresh blueberries: 1/3 cup
- Sugar-free maple syrup, warmed: ¼ cup
Method of Preparation:
• Mix the whole wheat flour, oatmeal porridge and mixed grain flour together with the soy milk, skimmed milk, and half of the fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
• Coat a non-stick griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat.
• Ladle pancake batter onto the hot griddle to make a pancake; the size of the pancake will depend on what you want, but try to keep them uniform.
• Sprinkle the top of each pancake with a few of the blueberries.
• Cook until the bottom is lightly browned (about two minutes).
• Flip and cook the other side.
• Keep your pancakes warm in the oven while you make more and finish the whole batch.
• Serve with warmed sugar-free maple syrup. You may also serve pancakes with your favorite fruit like strawberries, raspberries or sliced banana.
Did you know...
Heart-healthy oats are among the most nutritious grains in existence. They are a low-calorie, fiber-rich source of antioxidants, minerals, phytochemicals.
Source: Courtesy of the Balance Café Diabetic Menu, gulfnews.com