- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Dried figs: 12 pcs
Dried fruits: 1/3 cup (almonds, pistachio, cashew, walnuts)
Ghee: 1 tsp
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp
Saffron: a few strands
Edible silver leaves: 2 pcs
Method of Preparation:
• Blanch the figs in boiling water for about two minutes.
• Drain and let cool.
• Puree the figs in a food processor using as little water as possible.
• Chop the almonds, pistachio, cashew and walnuts.
• Heat ghee in a pan. Add the fig puree and saute for one minute.
• Add the chopped dried fruits and mix well.
• Add the cardamom powder and saffron and cook for a minute to make a soft dough.
• Line a tray with greased paper and roll the mixture into it.
• Garnish with edible silver leaves.
• Keep the barfi in the fridge for a few minutes.
• Cut into rounds or any desired shape.
Did you know...
Nuts are known to keep the heart healthy. They are loaded with fiber, Vitamin E, Omega-3 fatty acids, unsaturated fats and plant sterols
Source: Courtesy of Khana Khazana