- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
* Plain yogurt: 1 cup
* Small onion, minced: 1 pc
* Garlic, minced: 2 cloves
* Lemon juice: 1-1/2 tbsp
* Fresh cilantro, chopped: 1 tsp
* Paprika: 1/2 tsp
* Ground cumin: 1/2 tsp
* Ground turmeric: 1/2 tsp
* Ground ginger: 1/2 tsp
* Salt: 1/2 tsp
* Freshly ground pepper: 1/4 tsp
* Ground cinnamon: 1/4 tsp
* Ground cloves: a pinch
* Boneless chicken thighs: 6 pcs (about 1-1/2 pounds, skinned and trimmed of fat)
Method of Preparation:
• Stir together the yogurt, onion and garlic in a shallow glass dish. Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
• Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it over a foil-covered baking sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
• Bake the chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Did you know...
A popular dish in South Asia, chicken tikka is usually made of boneless chicken pieces cooked in a tandoor, and sometimes over hot pieces of coal
Source: Courtesy of Delhi Darbar Restaurant, Special to gulfnews.com