Wednesday, 12/3/2014 - 1:02pm
Image Credit: Supplied
Ripe mangoes, medium to large 2 pcs
Hot water 1/2 cup
White sugar 1/3 cup
Coconut milk 1 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Start off by making sure that you pick out mangoes that are ripe and slightly soft but not overripe.
- Slice up the mangoes lengthwise and separate the seeds. Scoop out the flesh.
- Place the scooped-out flesh into a food processor or blender to create a smooth mango puree. Keep pureed mango aside.
- Heat water in a saucepan, then remove from heat as it begins to simmer. Stir through the water as you sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Stir the mixture briskly in order prevent lump formation.
- Add the sugar to the hot water-gelatin mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Add the mixture to the mango as well as the coconut milk. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour into dessert bowls or cups. Add some diced mangoes on top. Place in the refrigerator for at least four to five hours. Serve cold. Serves three to four.
Tip: For a richer pudding, add one cup of whipped cream.
Did you know...
Mangoes contain compounds that help protect against certain cancers. They are rich in vitamins A, C, E, and B6, beta carotene, iron, and fiber.
Source: Courtesy of Tangerine Restaurant - Executive Towers, Business Bay, Special to Classifieds