- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- Moong dal (soaked): 100gm
- Sugar: 100gm
- Ghee: 200gm
- Water: ½ cup
- Almonds, cashews, etc.: 10 pcs
- Pistachios: 5 pcs
- Saffron: A pinch
- Milk: ½ cup
- Mawa (crumbled): ¾ cup
Method of Preparation:
• Take a bowl of water and soak moong dal in it. Wait for two hours and grind the moong dal in a grinder. Set it aside.
• Soak saffron in hot milk and set aside.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. Add moong dal to it. Sauté the mixture over low flame until the mixture turns golden brown. Set aside.
• Prepare sugar syrup by heating water in a pan and adding sugar. Keep over low heat until sugar is dissolved completely. It should reach one-string consistency.
• Put the fried mixture of moong dal in prepared sugar syrup. Cook the mixture over low flame until the sugar and dal blend together.
• Add mawa and saffron milk. Cook the mixture until ingredients are completely combined.
• Turn off the heat. Serve hot with garnishings like nuts or chopped dry fruits.
Did you know...
The mung bean (moong dal), aside from being a low-calorie and low fat source of quality protein, is also rich in fiber, B vitamins and various minerals.
Source: Special to Classifieds, Courtesy of Khana Khazana Restaurant