- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- For the dough
Plain flour (maida): 500 gm
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Soda bicarbonate: 1 tsp
Dry active yeast: 1/2 tsp
Egg (optional): 1 pc
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Yoghurt: 2 tbsp
Milk: 4 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
- For smearing
Desi ghee: 4 tbsp
Butter: 4 tbsp
Flour for dusting
Method of preparation:
• In a bowl whisk egg, sugar, milk and yoghurt.
• Add yeast to ½ cup of warm water and let it froth.
• Sieve the flour with salt, soda bicarbonate and baking powder.
• Add the prepared milk and egg mixture to the flour. Then add little water, yeast and knead to a pliable dough.
• Add 3 tbsp oil and incorporate gradually. Keep in a warm place covered with a wet muslin cloth till it doubles in size.
• Make 8-9 balls and let them rest for 10 minutes.
• Roll out the balls and smear with ghee, dust with approx. 2 tsp flour.
• Collect the disc by making fan-shaped folds.
• Then roll the folded strip like a swiss roll to form a ball. Rest for 10 minutes.
• Roll out the ball and cook in a hot tandoor till light brown or cook in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC.
• Smear with butter and serve hot.
Did you know...
Naan can also be covered with, or served as a wrap for various toppings of meat, vegetables, and/or cheeses. It can also be served stuffed with a filling.
Source: Special to Classifieds