- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
• Green peas: 125g
• Potatoes: 50g
• Onions: 20g
• Green chilis: 5g
• Fresh mint: 15g
• Fresh coriander: 15g
• Salt to taste: 4g
• Garam masala: 2g
• Chaat masala: 3g
• Whole almonds, peeled, blanched: 15g
• Oil or ghee: for pan/deep frying
Method of Preparation:
• Boil the potatoes and the green peas separately. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
• Finely chop the onions, green chilis, mint and coriander leaves.
• In a mixing bowl, mash the potatoes and green peas. Add the other ingredients except the oil and almonds and divide into 8 equal portions.
• Shape each portion into balls and press the balls lightly to make flat kebabs.
• Garnish the center of the kebab with blanched almonds. Pan fry or deep-fry the kebabs in hot oil until they are golden brown.
• Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
• Serve hot with mint chutney.
Did you know...
Chaat masala is a mix of different ingredients that gives food and drinks a sweet and sour taste. It is used mainly in Indian and Pakistani dishes.
Click on Tiranga Burfi and to learn how to make a sweet Indian delicacy
Source: Courtesy of Antique Bazaar, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai