- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
- Mascarpone cheese: 500gm
- Espresso coffee: 3 cups
- Granulated sugar: 120gm
- Lady fingers (sponge cake): 400gm
- Cocoa powder: 30gm
- Eggs: 4 pcs
Method of Preparation:
• Whip the eggs and granulated sugar together in a bowl until white, and then add the whole package of mascarpone cheese slowly.
• In a separate bowl, soften the lady fingers with the espresso coffee. Make sure you dip the lady fingers in the coffee long enough to get them wet but do not soak.
• In a serving dish, arrange a layer of lady fingers; then spoon over a layer of the mascarpone cream mixture. Repeat the same procedure twice.
• Garnish the dessert by dusting the topmost layer with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for six (6) hours before serving.
• For a more special presentation, serve tiramisu servings individually in dessert cups, bowls or plates with dark chocolate shavings and a maraschino cherry on top.
Did you know...
Mascarpone, an Italian cheese usually associated with tiramisu, can also be used to enrich dishes such as risotto, pasta, soups and other desserts.
Source: Special to Classifieds