- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Celery (chopped) 50gm
Chicken powder 5gm
Chili pickle 25gm
Dried chilies 20gm
Garlic (chopped) 20gm
Spring onions 20gm
Corn oil 50mL
Red and green bell peppers 20gm
Black fungus 10gm
Sesame oil 5mL
Method of Preparation:
• Clean squid and slice into thin rings. Slice up green pepper, red pepper and black fungus; then cut chili pickle and spring onions into small pieces.
• In a pan of boiling water, poach squid and blanch black fungus, green and red pepper for 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
• Heat corn oil in a wok or saucepan set over very low heat. Add chopped chili pickle and spring onions. Stir-fry for 10 seconds and combine all other ingredients (garlic, celery, dried chilies) well, then season with salt.
• Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, and season to taste with salt, a little chicken powder and the sesame oil.
• Serve hot on a plate, garnished with a sprig of parsley.
Did you know...
Like other seafood, squid has Omega-3 fatty acids, and is high in copper (essential for iron absorption), selenium, zinc, B vitamins, iodine and protein.
Source: Courtesy of Jade Chinese Restaurant, Special to Classifieds