- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Malls. Dubai. Shopping. Words that sit well together in all our minds. However, there is more to shopping in Dubai than just heading for the malls.
Adding depth, color and character to Dubai's shopping are the flea markets. Selling used or secondhand goods at various venues, both indoor and outdoor, they bring together like-minded people who love to bargain, and have an eye for history and quality.
Some of the popular markets being hosted in Dubai, especially during the winter months, are:
• Dubai Flea Market – This focuses on second-hand goods like household items, home appliances, textiles, toys, books, electronic items, antiques, accessories and handicrafts. It is usually held at Safa Park (first Saturday of the month), Uptown Mirdif (every second Friday) and Ibn Battuta Mall parking.
• Dubai ARTE (Artisans of the Emirates) Souk – An arts and crafts fair selling handmade items by local artisans, used books and homemade food. It is usually held bi-monthly at Times Square Center and Dubai Festival City.
• Covent Garden Market Dubai – Held at The Walk in JBR on Wednesdays to Saturdays, this market sells clothes, jewellery and artwork by local artists.
• Dubai Designer Market – This secondhand market sells high-fashion clothes and accessories and vintage items every second Saturday opposite Jumeirah Beach Park.
• Dubai Flea Market is held at Safa, Mirdif, Ibn Battuta
• Covent Garden Market sells goods by local artists
• Dubai Designer Market features high-fashion items
Source: Binu Sivan, Special to Classifieds, gulfnews.com
The writer is a freelancer