- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
Now, who doesn't love to shop with only a little to spare? Flea markets are every bargain hunter's dream. Here's how to shop smart:
• Wear comfortable clothing - Wear walking shoes or slip-ons, light cotton tops and bottoms; carry a water bottle and, most importantly, a trolley bag.
• Haggle - It is common for seasoned flea market shoppers to offer half the quoted price and get the product at their price. If not half, you will at least receive a discount worth a quarter of the initially quoted price. The last hour before closing is when shoppers can expect to receive the biggest discounts.
• DIY - Don't be afraid to buy tables without legs or chairs without seats. A little creativity can ensure a truly personalized living space.
• Map - Some have maps outlining what is located where. It is good to zero in on shops you like to save time and avoid unnecessary purchases.
• Money - Keep a decent amount of cash with you in smaller bills to ensure you don't get shortchanged when purchasing an item. Sellers at flea markets don't accept plastic money.
• Don't forget to pack your smile - Being friendly will probably get you what you want at the price you want.
• Flea markets sell several items at slashed prices
• Shop with patience and you'll surely get bargains
• Bring smaller bills to flea markets to avoid hassles
Source: Bushra Hameduddin, Special to Classifieds
The writer is a freelancer