- My Tools
- Advice Centre
- Other GN Sites
GNproperty.com, GNcareers.com, GNclassifieds.com and GNcars.com (the "Site(s)") are the websites for all the classified products and services of Gulf News, which is the leading English newspaper in the UAE. The editorial content which is published on these Sites, is sourced from print publications namely, Gulf News, Wheels, Jobs and Careers, Classifieds, Residential Properties, Commercial Properties, Freehold, Property Weekly, My Guide and selected classified features. Gulf News is published by Al Nisr Publishing LLC and is a part of the Al Nisr Group (Al Nisr Publishing LLC and its affiliates are hereinafter referred to as “We” and/ or the "Owner").
"Advertisement" means the notice to be published, or made known, on the Site(s).
"Buyer" means the person placing the order to insert the Advertisement, whether such person is the advertiser of the product or service, the advertiser's advertising agent or media buyer.
Access to and use of the Sites is subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"):
1. By using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use the Site
2. The Owner may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, by posting the changes online. The Owner is under no obligation to notify you individually by any medium. Please review these Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of all changes made thereto. Your continued use of the Site after the changes are posted means that you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions as updated or amended. The Owner is entitled to carry out acts and/ or omissions which it may, in its sole discretion, deem necessary, for the enforcement or compliance of these Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Site
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, distribute, exploit, disseminate or make available to the public, or otherwise use the Site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from the Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Site content requires the prior written permission of the Owner. If the Owner has granted a specific license to you, you may copy or reproduce Site content if such copying or reproduction is incidental or necessitated by your legitimate business needs, strictly subject to the requirement that all Site content or any adapted version, pursuant to permission from the Owner, is properly accredited to the Owner.
You grant the Owner the complete and unlimited license and right to display, copy, reproduce, adapt or use in any other manner the content provided by you, and warrant that the rights of owners of any intellectual property in the content posted by you have been waived in order for such right and license to be enjoyed by the Owner. Such right is irrevocable and will remain, irrespective of discontinuation of your use of the Site(s) or removal by you of the content.
In the event you suspect any advertisement is in the nature of a scam, please bring it to our attention by sending a copy of such advertisement at firstname.lastname@example.org. This, however, does not imply any kind of responsibility or liability whatsoever on the Owner, and the disclaimers under these Terms and Conditions are applicable.
4. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of any other user or restrict or inhibit any other user's use and enjoyment of the Site. Prohibited behavior includes, but is not limited to, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
5. In accessing the Site, you agree not to:
5.1. impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use, to create a false identity or e-mail address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origins of any communication or otherwise;
5.2. damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Site (or third party products and services on the Site) or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality;
5.3. threaten, harass, stop, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including without limitation rights of privacy, confidentiality, intellectual property etc.) of others;
5.4 maintain more than one account;
5.5 contact any person(s) who has/have informed you not to be contacted;
5.6. make available, upload or distribute, by any means, any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software; or
5.7. post, upload, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute or make available information or other material on the Site:
(i) that constitutes or encourages conduct that would give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability;
(ii) which is protected by copyright or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining prior written permission of the intellectual property right holder; or
(iii) otherwise use the Site in a manner which is contrary to law or which may, in the opinion of the Owner, adversely impact use of the Site or the internet.
The Owner retains the absolute right to prevent you from accessing the Site, on a permanent or temporary basis, as it may deem fit, without notice and without prejudice to any of the Owner's accrued rights, where it, in its absolute discretion, considers that you are contravening any of the Terms and Conditions and/or any other access policy relating to the Site that may be maintained by the Owner.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
7. The Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Owner, its products and/or services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations. The Owner does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects, if any, will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software. The Owner does not make any representations or warranties about the operation time, quality, speed of search and availability of the Sites, and shall in no event be liable for any direct or indirect liability, costs, claims, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses arising out of any technical problems with the Sites.
The Owner assumes no responsibility to you or any third party for any errors or omissions of any kind in the Site content or deriving therefrom and disclaims all warranties and to any other matter relating to the Site and the Site content, including but not limited to, any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
8. Under no circumstances will the Owner be liable for any damages and/or losses and/or other claims, whether direct or indirect (whether the same were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Site or the content available or referred to on the Site or on any other site that you may access through the Site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation:
8.1. loss of data;
8.2. loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
8.3. loss of business;
8.4. loss of opportunity;
8.5. loss of goodwill or injury to reputation/defamation;
8.6. losses suffered by third parties; or
8.7. any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or exemplary damages.
9. All material contained on the Site is published in good faith. The Owner does not in any circumstance accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy, success, credibility or otherwise of any Advertisement or message published or its compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements (nor is any kind of warranty expressed or implied by such publication). The Owner is neither associated with any Buyers and/ or advertisers nor is it a party to any transaction between any buyer and seller. The Owner is not responsible for any interaction and/ or transaction between users of the Site(s).
The Owner specifically disclaims all and any liability to the Buyer, readers and users of any kind for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and however arising, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause, and whether on the part of the Owner or its employees or agents or any other person. Under no circumstances shall the Owner be liable to the Buyer or the Advertiser or any other party for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of sales, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, whether or not the Owner was advised of the possibility of such losses. In all other respects, the Owner's liability, if any, shall be limited to the relevant fee paid by the Buyer.
10. The Owner reserves the right to modify or suspend the Site at any time and for so long as the Owner (at its sole discretion) may wish, as well as change or remove any Site content from the Site, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, at any time without notice and without any liability whatsoever. The Owner may, in addition, at its sole discretion, suspend or withdraw your access to the Site at any time, without notice.
11. Links available on the Site may allow you to link to websites not maintained or controlled by the Owner. The Owner provides these links for your convenience and is not responsible for the contents of any linked websites. The Owner cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, authenticity, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through these links and makes no representation or endorsement whatsoever about any other website which you may access through the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that any website you choose to use is free of potentially destructive items such as viruses.
12. We use DFP ad serving technology to help with serving digital advertisements and collecting information about your visits to this website, which may be utilised by DFP and us in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Further information about DFP technology use is available on this link https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en
By using this website you consent to the processing of data about you by DFP and us.
To deliver our services, we use Lotame Crowd Control tags to collect, organize, and use non-personal information reflecting your interactions with our websites. This information includes items such as the date and time you visited our websites, your browser information, your IP address, your browsing behaviour, your age and gender, and interests you express or imply at social networking sites or other websites you visit. Lotame Crowd Control recognizes your computer over time by setting a unique browser cookie, which your browser relays to our servers when you visit our websites that are affiliated with our partners or clients. To understand more about our data collection please visit http://lotame.com.
Opting Out or Customizing Your Experience: You have the option to opt-out by deleting your browser cookies. In event of any difficulty in opting-out you can refer to your web browser’s documentation to get more information on how to block or delete cookies directly through your browser settings.
13. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Owner, its successors, assigns, managers, shareholders, directors, and employees from any and all liability, costs, claims, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses, including without limitation, all attorneys' fees and legal expenses, which may be related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your account or in connection with the use of the Site or placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the Site by you or users of your account, including but not limited to claims and/ or disputes between you and any other user(s).
14. The names, marks, designs, color theme, images and logos identifying the Owner or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, of the Owner and/or third parties. In addition, the Site(s) is/are a collective work(s) and protected by the applicable intellectual property rights. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, copyright or other intellectual property rights, as applicable, of the Owner or any third party. Any infringement by you or users of your account or in connection with the use of the Site or placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the Site by you or users of your account of any of the intellectual property rights of the Owner and/ or third party shall result into an obligation on you to indemnify the Owner and/ or third party, as applicable, for all direct and indirect losses, damages, claims and liabilities resulting from such infringement.
The Buyer's general obligations:
15. The Buyer contracts with the Owner as principal. Where the Buyer and the advertiser are different persons, the Buyer warrants that it is properly authorized to place the Advertisement on behalf of the advertiser.
16. The Buyer warrants that in relation to an Advertisement as submitted or subsequently amended:
16.1. the reproduction and/or publication of such Advertisement will not breach any legislation, regulation (governmental or otherwise) or contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual, personal or proprietary right of any person or render the Owner liable to any proceedings whatsoever;
16.2. All advertising copies submitted to the Owner are legal, decent, honest and truthful and comply with the laws of the UAE; and
16.3. In relation to any financial promotion, the advertiser is, or the contents of the Advertisement, have been approved by the authorized Government Department as per the laws of the UAE.
17. To the extent possible, the copyright in all artwork, copies and other materials which the Owner or its employees have originated or reworked shall vest in the Owner. The Buyer grants the Owner a license to reproduce on the Site all material not so vesting unless specifically agreed otherwise.
18. The Buyer agrees to check the correctness of the Advertisement. Any complaint, whether about the Advertisement (and of each individual Advertisement if part of a series) or the details contained in the invoice or email confirmation of booking (as the case may be), must be raised with the Owner within 7 days of publication or receipt of invoice or email confirmation of booking (whichever is the earlier) and will not affect the liability for payment at the due time.
19. The Buyer will indemnify the Owner and keep it indemnified against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses or liability whatsoever incurred by the Owner arising directly or reasonably foreseeably as a result of any breach or non-performance by the Buyer of any of the representations, warranties or other terms and conditions contained herein or implied by law.
The Owner's rights and obligations:
20. The Owner may decline to publish, or omit, suspend, edit, change the position/location or require amendment of all or any part of an Advertisement accepted for inclusion on the Site. The Owner is not obliged to publish, and shall not be held liable for any omission to do so, any Advertisement on a particular day or in a particular position and/or location.
21. Without prejudice to the Owner's right to be paid, in the event of any error in the publishing of the Advertisement caused by the act or omission of the Owner, the Owner at its sole discretion may adjust the cost accordingly. No re-insertion, refund or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint or omission does not materially detract from the Advertisement.
22. The Owner is under no obligation to refund any payments made in respect of Advertisements, whether or not the Advertisement has been published, amended or removed from the Site for any reason whatsoever. The issuance of refunds, if any, will be at the Owner's sole discretion.
23. The Owner is under no obligation to supply voucher copies, tear sheets or other alternatives, illustrating publication, and their omission shall not affect the Buyer's liability for payment.
24. To ensure the highest levels of customer service, telephone calls made to and from the Owner may be recorded.
25. From time to time, the Owner may contact a Buyer with details of products and services which may be of interest.
26. The placing of an order for an Advertisement amounts to an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (including any additional terms and conditions set out in the rate card) to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions, and the electronic format does not impact the enforceability of the same These Terms and Conditions and all documents referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
27. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions appearing elsewhere on the Site, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
28. No waiver by the Owner shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect of which it was specifically given.
29. The Owner's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision contained herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision contained, or right granted, herein.
30. If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, by a court of competent jurisdiction within any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition, or part thereof, is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provisions contained herein.
31. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates (applicable in the Emirate of Dubai).
Thank you for visiting and using the Site. We welcome your feedback and suggestions on all Site services. Please send an email to email@example.com